Ingredients for 4 portions:
For the dough:
40 dkg flour
20 dkg powdered sugar
25 dkg room temperature baking butter
4 egg yolks
grated zest of 1 lemon and juice of half a lemon
2-3 teaspoons of baking powder
For the creme:
2 tsp. vanilla pudding
6 dl milk
400 g Turkish Style Labneh
4 egg whites (whipped cream)
6 tbsp sugar
1 tsp. vanilla sugar
1 large can of peach compote, chopped (or fresh fruit to taste e.g. blueberries, bananas)
1. Knead the dough ingredients and divide into two loaves (soft dough) and refrigerate for half an hour.
2. Meanwhile, boil the vanilla pudding in the sweetened milk, stirring occasionally and leave to cool.
3. When lukewarm, stir in the Turkish Style Labneh, the egg whites and the fruit.
4. Using a rolling pin, stretch the loaves out of the fridge to the size of a medium baking pan (you will get dough sheets about 6-8 mm thick), then place one sheet in a margarine-coated and floured pan, pour the cream over it and place the other sheet on top.
5. Prick the top with a fork and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 30-45 minutes, top and bottom, until the top is nice and golden brown.
6. To make it nice and flaky, let it cool completely in the pan.
7. Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.
8. Enjoy! 😊