The king of all burgers is the BBQ burger! We made this version without the meat patty, with coleslaw coleslaw and our burger shaped Grill Cheese speciality, so that even those who don't eat meat could enjoy it at the garden party.
Ingredients for 4 portions:
Ingredients for 1 burger:
1 piece burger shaped Grill Cheese
BBQ sauce to taste
Homemade caramelized onions: 1 onion, 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Ingredients for coleslaw (serves 8):
1 small head of cabbage
1 large carrot
1 small red onion
175 ml sour cream
175 g mayonnaise
Half tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. mustard
Juice of half a lemon
1. Peel the cabbage, then chop it with the carrots and onions using a food processor, or use a grater and place the mix in a large bowl.
2. Prepare the dressing: blend the sour cream, mayonnaise, honey, juice of half a lemon and mustard until homogeneous.
3. Pour the dressing over the chopped vegetables and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Put the final mix in the fridge for at least an hour to allow the flavours to meld.
1. Cut the bun in half and fry the flat surfaces with a few drops of oil until they are golden brown.
2. Fry the grill cheese on an oiled grill for 3 minutes, turn once, or in a grill pan with a few drops of oil for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown on both sides.
3. Caramelise a medium sliced red onion in a frying pan with a tablespoon of brown sugar.
4. Assemble the burger from the bottom up in the following order: bottom half of the burger, caramelized onions, grill cheese, bbq sauce, coleslaw, and finish with the top of the burger.